A guide's history shows you the entire timeline of changes to the guide. You can even revert back to any previous state. To see the revision history, click Options in the upper-right of the guide and select "History" from the Options drop-menu.
Who Can View a Guide's History?
Any one can view the history of a guide, but only admins or page creators can revert to past guide revisions.
Parts of the History Page
The "History" page includes three main sections, Edit History, Past Guide Revisions, and Guide Ownership.
The main section of this page is the "Edit History." It chronologically lists all of the changes that have been made to the guide.
- You can click on any of the edits in blue, and it will link to a page showing exactly what was changed.
- The name to the right of the edit time shows who made the edit.
- Clicking it sends you to their profile page.
- Profiles with diamonds to the right of their names are Administrators.
All users on iFixit have the ability to submit changes for almost all of the content that we host. We firmly believe that by working together, our community can build the most comprehensive collection of repair information that exists. Site authors, admins, and users with enough reputation, have permission to accept or deny submitted changes.
- To the right of the date the edit was submitted, is the name of the author suggesting the change.
- In the "Accepted By" column, you’ll see the user who accepted (or denied) the submitted change. Denied edits are marked by a line through the text and the name of the user who denied the edit.
On all guide history pages, there is a "Browse past guide revisions" section. This tool allows you to view and revert to old editions of the guide.
- Click the link to view guide changes over time to review specific editions of the guide.
- You can select from a specific date and time and revert to a previous edition of a guide.
- Dozuki sites with Version Control have a list of previously published release versions.
- Click on the Release Version link to view the previous release.
- You can Revert to any previously published release versions.
In this section, you see the exact percentage of work site users have contributed to the final guide.
Every profile that has contributed a significant amount of information to this page appears here with the percentage of the page that they added. This takes into account creating steps, uploading pictures, etc. Reputation is awarded from successful completion of the guide is split proportionately between all contributors to the page (based on their contribution percentage).